Ticket sales reached the maximum capacity and have been halted for Journalism Interactive 2014. With this sold-out conference just five days away, the planning committee is putting final touches on the logistics. Here’s what attendees and speakers need to know:
1) TRAVEL – You’ll receive a final logistics email early this week with additional details on session planning and travel advice. (Travel tip: For the budget conscious, SuperShuttle is the best way to get there from all three airports.)
2) TWO DAYS, TWO BUILDINGS — J/i sessions take place in two different buildings. All Friday sessions are at the College Park Marriott Inn & Conference center. All Saturday sessions are in Knight Hall, the journalism building at the University of Maryland, a short walk from the Marriott. J/i will run a UM shuttle bus in a loop from the Marriott to Knight Hall starting at 8:15 a.m. on Saturday.
3) MOBILE APP — J/i uses the Sched.org app, so be sure to get the mobile web app on your phone before you get there. Details on installing the mobile schedule on your phone are on the J/I mobile page.
3) SOCIAL MEDIA – A student reporting team will write updates from the sessions, to be hosted by J/i’s publishing partner, American Journalism Review, at ajr.org. We invite everyone to live blog and tweet the conference using the #JICONF hashtag, and the reporting team will curate the best in the J/i live blog. Conference organizers will be awarding prizes for “best” tweets in a variety of categories, so don’t be shy. For the latest announcements and news updates during the conference, follow @Jiconf and @AmJourReview.
4) RECEPTIONS — The conference offers plenty of networking opportunities. In recent weeks, J/i has added two networking receptions at the Marriott, which are organized and sponsored by partner organizations. These are in addition to the closing reception, which takes place at 5:45 p.m. Saturday in Knight Hall.
No RSVP necessary for the closing reception in Knight Hall, but we ask attendees to please RSVP if they’d like to attend the two additional receptions at the Marriott. Details:
** CHALLENGE FUND — A Friday evening reception, immediately before the dinner, will take place on the Lower Level Gallery of the Marriott. It is sponsored by the Challenge Fund for Innovation in Journalism Education and hosted by the Online News Association and four funders of the Challenge Fund. Additional reception details are in the post below. Please RVSP using the form on this page: http://challengefund.splashthat.com.
** MEDIASHIFT – A Kickoff reception Thursday evening from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. is sponsored by PBS MediaShift. The location is The Common bar near the entrance to the College Park Marriott Inn & Conference Center, directly across from the J/i Conference Registration Desk (which opens at 4 pm Thursday.) Please RSVP to MediaShift here: