Journalism Interactive 2013 brings together scholars, practitioners, teachers and students to discuss the continually changing digital media space and the impact on journalism and journalism education. This is the second Journalism Interactive conference.
J/i 2013 is hosted by the University of Florida and is a partnership between Florida and the founding J/i school, the University of Maryland. It will be held in historic downtown Gainesville, Fla., on Feb. 8 and 9, 2013. The conference’s third installment will return to College Park, Md., in October 2014.
This year’s conference features two days of speakers, panels and — new this year — hands-on training. The national planning committee is focusing this year’s program on four themes: data, design, mobile and participation.
National Planning Committee
- Matt Sheehan, University of Florida (2013 director)
- Kalyani Chadha, University of Maryland
- Kim Walsh-Childers, University of Florida (host committee co-chair)
- Mindy McAdams, University of Florida (host committee co-chair)
- Cindy Royal, Texas State University, San Marcos
- Leslie Walker, University of Maryland
- Deborah Wenger, University of Mississippi
This event has been financed in part by a Tourist Development Tax Grant from the Alachua County Board of County Commissioners in conjunction with the Alachua County Tourist Development Council.